|Dates & Times
July 16th - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
||8 - 15 years old
||Beginner / Intermediate
||Taman Zaaba, TTDI
||Free. By invitation only</font>
What is this camp about?
Minecraft, a video game about building blocks, is one of the best selling video games of all time and the ultimate platform to showcase your creativity.
In learning Java programming and technical concepts behind video game modding, this course will empower students with the ability to go into the code and modify video games. That is just the tip of the iceberg of what we can achieve!
Android smart phones, company infrastructures—not to mention Minecraft—all begin with a variable coded in Java.
- Create and setup Minecraft Server
- Learn to draw 2D images using Pixlr and turn them into 3D objects in Minecraft
- Create and design your own MODs with themes, storylines, objectives and goals
- Delve deeper into game design & development, modding, and level design.
Theoretical / Conceptual:
Technical or Software skills:
- Students will learn to use Java variables, functions, and control structures.
- Understand the process of game making
Tangible and/or Portfolio Outcomes:
- Manipulate and design objects with Java and Minecraft Forge
- Importing 2D designs into Minecraft
- Understand the various components of Minecraft
- A collection of self created items and blocks in Minecraft
- Their own Minecraft world to showcase it on their computer
- Students will go home with their Mod Workspace and a mod .jar file.
- Minecraft | Java™ (Eclipse®)
- Thought by Ivy League Graduates
- All our students are taught by Dr Ewe himself being the lead instructor.
- Hands-on Project-based Learning.
- We believe in hands-on creation, experimental learning and lots of discussion.
- We believe in collaborative self-pace learning, guided & coached by passionate and experience great people.
- Classes conducted in English and elementary reading level requirement
- Bring your own laptop (PC, Linux or Mac), power supply and mouse
- Must have played Minecraft on a laptop (not just Ipad edition) for 10 hours or more :D